triplex fire

South Metro Fire Rescue responded to a fire in a residential triplex on Hummingbird Drive in Castle Pines Village, according to a tweet from the agency.

No injuries were reported and the fire was under control shortly after the South Metro team arrived.

The fire started because of a propane barbecue and was accidental in nature, South Metro said in a tweet.

"Flames extended into an exterior wall and were quickly extinguished before the fire spread into the residence," South Metro tweeted. 

2 dead following single-car rollover in Golden
3 separate hikers rescued on Boulder County hiking trails Saturday
Historic Denver executive director Annie Levinsky shifts to statewide focus at History Colorado

Sign Up For Free: Denver Morning Brew

Your morning rundown of the latest news from overnight and the stories to follow throughout the day.

Success! Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.